Here in Texas, we rarely get snow.
Instead, we can create a winter wonderland–indoors or out–with instant snow! This fun scientific product will not melt, no matter what the temperature is!
Science projects with instant snow
- Create a sensory bin
- Illustrate the difference between a physical and chemical reaction: after showing your student how the snow absorbs water, let the water evaporate for a few days. The snow powder is the same stuff you started with.
- Teach the concept of Conservation of Mass. Weigh the snow before adding water. Add water, then let it evaporate. Weigh the snow powder again. It is the same.
- Demonstrate the concept of absorption
Decorating with instant snow
- Sprinkle on your Christmas tree, holiday decoration displays and your mantle display
- Fill ornaments with instant snow
- Make waterless snow globes
- Use as a backdrop or as falling snow in your photography
Instant snow options
Instant snow also makes a great stocking stuffer!